GreenHome Institute Assessment Summary
The GreenHome Institute Energy Assessment identifies opportunities to improve home energy efficiency and save money.
A Better World Builders Residential Energy Auditor will visit your Portage, MI, area home to educate you on home performance improvements that will save you money, increase comfort, reduce health issues, and ensure you have a better performing home.
The auditor will inspect and assess your home’s insulation quality, air and duct leakage, furnace, A/C system, water heater, lighting, appliances, doors, windows, and solar gain/shading. They can also conduct radon testing, inspect ventilation issues, and water efficiency. The auditor will identify where you can improve energy efficiency in your home and save money.
The Residential Energy Performance Score – Home Energy and Health Assessment provides a way to quickly understand where energy is being wasted in your home.
What is your home’s MPG? Find out! Your home will score between 0 and 70 MPG:
- Under 20 – Your home is a “gas guzzler.”
- 30 to 40 – Your home performs decently well.
- Over 50 – You have a high performing home!
What Do You Get?
- A report detailing energy use, upgrades, costs and return on investment.
- A scope of work to give to a contractor and a list of recommended contractors.
- A better understanding of the home system and what you can do to improve it using a holistic approach.
- Access to special financing such as low interest unsecured loans and/or financing allowing you to only pay based on actual energy saved.
- Upon completion of home improvements, the assessor will return to review the completed work for quality and accuracy, then reassess the property to confirm your Portage, MI, area home performance and energy savings will be realized.
- A completed Green and Energy Efficient Home Appraisal Addendum completed before and after work is completed to determine your home’s improved value.